WRFM has been strongly involved with our local community since the beginnings of the radio station. At the start of the Covid-19 pandemic we began a series of daily shows bringing listeners news about how people were coping, offering help and advice and giving a voice to many who have been at the forefront of organisations helping those in need in our local community. To hear those stories and more recent Community Matters shows on a wide variety of topics have a look at our Community Matters Archive Page.
Weekly contributors to the Community Matters interviews are Grant (Mr G), Barry & Laura, Helen, Nina, Tizzy and Colin as well as other presenters at the station. Mr G can often be spotted driving around Oxfordshire and the Cotswolds in his battered 20 year old Skoda Fabia, affectionately known as the Cowmobile , on account of its striking seat covers, seeking out people to interview and stories to tell. Here are some of our recent shows.
- John Henry Smythe (I) https://www.mixcloud.com/witneyradio/wrfm-community-matters-john-henry-smythe/
- John Henry Smythe (II) https://www.mixcloud.com/witneyradio/wrfm-community-matters-john-henry-smythe-part2/
- Abbeyfield Sheltered Housing Planned Closure https://www.mixcloud.com/witneyradio/wrfm-community-matters-abbeyfield-sheltered-housing/
- Thames Valley Police -Community Engagement https://www.mixcloud.com/witneyradio/wrfm-community-matters-thames-valley-police-neighbourhood-engagement/
- Bampton Morris https://www.mixcloud.com/witneyradio/wrfm-community-matters-bampton-morris/
- West Oxon Fitness & Boxing Club https://www.mixcloud.com/witneyradio/wrfm-community-matters-west-oxon-fitness-and-boxing-club/
- Robert Courts (MP) Watch https://www.mixcloud.com/witneyradio/witney-radio-community-matters-robert-courts-watch/
- The FFFB Ploughing Show: https://www.mixcloud.com/witneyradio/witney-radio-fffb-ploughing-championships-country-show-2023-highlights/
- West Ox Food Bank: https://www.mixcloud.com/witneyradio/wrfm-community-matters-witney-west-oxfordshire-food-bank/
- Skywave Gin: https://www.mixcloud.com/witneyradio/witney-radio-community-matters-skywave-gin/
- PICU Mental Health Unit: https://www.mixcloud.com/witneyradio/witney-radio-community-matters-the-picu-meadow-unit-in-oxford/
- Duncan & Ange’s Walk for Cancer Research UK: https://www.mixcloud.com/witneyradio/community-matters-duncan-barney-cancer-charity-walk/
- The Travel Update with David Gambier: https://www.mixcloud.com/witneyradio/witney-radio-community-matters-travel-update-with-david-gambier/
- Chipping Norton Green Gym: https://www.mixcloud.com/witneyradio/witney-radio-community-matters-chipping-norton-green-gym/
Live Well Oxfordshire is one stop shop website directory with links to adult community support, services and information. It has a caledar of events and an invaluable tool to help people remain as independent as possible.
If you would like to participate in Community Matters to tell us about your experiences or offer help to someone and get your voice heard drop us an email at: grant.grindley@WRFM.co.uk If you are a local business and want a listing in our Marketplace business directory email us at; firstname.lastname@example.org